Monday, January 10, 2011

Deleted Excerpt Two


This latest deleted excerpt occurs when Nick first meets Jemma at a party , and would have appeared in Chapter 2 on page 17:

'Jemma is going to be a famous actress', Tom said, grinning a little patronisingly.
'Is that right'? I replied, suitably impressed.
'Well, I've starred in a lot of local amateur theatre', she said.
'Are you working on anything at the moment'? I asked.
'Yesss Dohlink, I'm starring as vulgar Olga from the Volga', she replied, dropping her voice down to a husky baritone, and slipping seamlessly into an Eastern European accent.
'Who's that'? I asked.
Meeting my slightly bemused expression with her smouldering gaze, she replied,
'Olga is a man-eating femme fatale who is Superman's nemesis in "Man of Steel". It's a comedy version of Superman, a children's pantomime'.
'Oh,so you like performing in pants'? I said cheekily.
'Or out of them', she fired back immediately, without even the slightest trace of embarrassment.
'Vulgar Olga sounds pretty funny', I complimented her, becoming more and more intrigued by the allure of this confident woman.
'Well, amateur theatre's fine, but one day I'm hoping to break into television and film'. 




No comments:

Post a Comment