Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wasted Youth

This is a song written by Nicky Nova, called "Wasted Youth". Any similarities between it and
"Dum Dum Boys" by Iggy Pop is purely coincidental (yeah, right)..

Well I used to hang around with the wasted youth,
Wasting all our lives away.
We'd hang out every night above the old bottle shop,
And sleep in half of the day.
Well hey there, you spoilt-ass middle class boys,
Your mummies put you through private school.
But all you do is sit around smoking hash all day,
And enforce the ten commandments of cool.

And I sing wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa wasted youth,
My-oh-my-oh ramma-lamma hey
wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa wasted youth,
All of the livelong day.

The years roll by in the blink of an eye,
And I think about those little wasted boys.
The wheels on the vice are turning too tight,
And I need to hear some more of their noise.
But wasted Ed's a trolley jockey at the local Supa-Mart,
Wasted Joe works on a construction site,
And they still look down their noses like they split the atom,
Never call me on a Saturday night.

And I sing wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa wasted youth'
My-oh-my-oh ramma-lamma hey
wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wa wasted youth,
All of the livelong day.

No comments:

Post a Comment